Terms and Conditions
Drivers must be between the ages of 23 – 75 with 2 years driving experience and 6 minor points or less. Minimum age for Motorhome drivers is 25. The driver must not have been involved in more than one own fault accident in the last five years.
If you have more endorsements on your licence please contact us directly, we can usually still insure you though need to run it by our agents.
Now the paper part of the UK driving licenses are discontinued we need to view your driving license information online before you travel. Viewing your information online will allow us to see:
· What vehicles you can drive
· Any penalty points or disqualifications you have
· Your name
· The last 8 characters of your driving license number
· For more information visit: www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
· We also require copies of a recent utility bill and a bank letter or statement dated within 90 days of the hire for each driver.
DRIVERS FROM OUTWITH THE UK
· We will require your full driving licence from the country of residence.
· Your international driving licence if your driving licence is written in a different language to the one of the renting country.
· Your passport.
· We also require copies of a recent utility bill and a bank letter or statement dated within 90 days of the hire for each driver.
DEFINITION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other Red Kite Campers literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply.
‘DRIVER / CUSTOMER / HIRER’ means the person(s) nominated as the driver(s) under the RENTAL AGREEMENT.
‘RED KITE CAMPERS’ the vehicle under hire as described under the heading ‘Vehicle Details’ under the ‘Rental Agreement’ and includes tyres, tools, accessories, living equipment and any other special equipment, documents relating to the vehicle and any replacement or substitute vehicle provided by RED KITE CAMPERS
‘RENTAL AGREEMENT’ means the document read and signed by the hirer on collection and return of the vehicle. It includes details of ‘Customer’, ‘Vehicle Details’, ‘Rental Period’, ‘Collision Damage Waiver’, ‘Departure Checklist’.
· Booked with 25% deposit paid by hirer on www.redkitecampers.co.uk as per Rental Agreement.
· Balance must be paid 14 days before holiday commencing, this can be paid by BACS to TSB account number 89326568 sort code 873771. Please contact us if you would like to use another method of payment.
· All prices quoted and charged in £ (GBP).
· Payment is also accepted by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or debit card (Switch, Maestro, Solo, Visa Debit).
· Vehicles will not be released without valid personal identification being produced.
· A refundable deposit of £1000 (standard) or £500 (£14 a day) or £250 (£24 a day) is payable prior to collection of vehicle for insurance excess and caution deposit for rental of a Campervan. Motorhome deposit is £1500 with options to reduce to £1000 (£14 a day) or £500 (£24 a day). Minimum rental 4 days.
· We reserve the right to cancel any hire within 24 hours of booking. Where possible we will provide an alternative. Where an alternative cannot be found Red Kite Campers will refund the booking in full.
2. HIRER / DRIVER
· Driver(s) must be aged over 23 years to 75 years for rental of our Campervans. Minimum age for our motorhome is 25 years.
· Driver(s) must hold a valid full driving licence for at least 24 months, UK Licence or European. Drivers from outside the EU we should be able to insure you, please get in touch so we can double check with our insurance partners.
· Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties during hire period.
3. HIRE PERIOD
· ‘Hire Period’ refers to the dates agreed in the Rental Agreement.
· Red Kite Campers charge on a calendar night basis.
· Minimum rental period is 4 nights.
· Collections are at 2:30pm with a return at 10.30am. Late drop offs at 4pm, early pickup at 9.30am for £50 each. We can be flexible outside these times, please contact us to discuss.
· Collection and return any day of the week.
4. HIRE RATES INCLUDE
· Unlimited Mileage.
· Fully Comprehensive Insurance for UK and Republic of Ireland for one named driver*.
· Full Breakdown & Roadside Assistance**.
* excluding any insurance loading, extra charges may be incurred if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, is using a non-UK, non-EU, or non-Republic of Ireland driving licence or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk.
** Red Kite Campers will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the campervan or motorhome. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. lost keys will be the responsibility of the client.
· Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by Red Kite Campers to the driver named on the agreement holding a UK, European or Republic of Ireland Driving Licence. If you are from outwith the EU, please get in touch, we should be able to insure you, we will need to run it past our insurance partners.
· Insurance for additional drivers is charged at additional £5 (GBP) per day.
· Please contact us in advance if the hirer has an occupation connected to wholly or partly engaged in entertainment or professional sports person. Also jockeys and persons connected to racing or gaming industry or press of any sort.
· Standard excess of £1000 (GBP) for campervan will be charged prior to collection at Red Kite Campers. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first £1000 (GBP). Options to reduce this to £500 (for £14 a day) or £250 (£24 a day) are available on request. Motorhome standard excess is £1500, options to reduce this to £1000 for £14 a day or £500 for £24 a day are available too.
· This does not cover cost for replacement or repair of windows or tyre damage for which the hirer is responsible.
· Driving by an unauthorised driver invalidates insurance. It is a criminal offence to drive without insurance in the UK and Ireland punishable at law.
· Failure to declare an accident is a criminal offence punishable at law.
· The theft of a Red Kite Camper vehicle will not be covered by insurance if the ignition keys are left in or on the vehicle whilst unoccupied and the hirer shall be held fully responsible for a replacement vehicle.
· Insurance does not cover or include the hirers’ personal belongings.
· No other hire insurance is acceptable for the rental of a Red Kite Campers vehicle.
· The refundable deposit detailed in section 1 covers both the insurance excess in the event of a collision (section 5a) and the proper return of the vehicle in same condition as it was let out to the hirer.
· This amount will be debited from your account immediately and is fully refundable within seven days of return of the vehicle on the following conditions:
No damage to the campervan/motorhome or any third party.
Vehicle returned to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time.
Campervan/motorhome returned in the same condition as it was let out, the interior clean including all cooking appliances and the fuel tank full. All items are returned at end of hire in clean and full working order as per the ‘Departure Check list’ in the Rental Agreement.
· This security deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage what so ever to equipment, fixtures, fittings, windows, tyres or negligent damage to the vehicle.
· Red Kite Campers will not be held responsible for any changes in the amount refunded of your deposit based on fluctuations in currency exchange rates.
· Red Kite Campers reserves the right to increase the security deposit for specific events eg: festivals or rallies.
· A cleaning fee of £75.00 will be charged against the deposit of the vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
· An additional fee of £50.00 will be charged against the deposit if the porti potti is not emptied prior to the return of the vehicle.
7. VIOLATION OF TRAFFIC LAWS AND REGULATIONS
· Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the UK, Republic of Ireland and EU.
· Red Kite Campers will hold your credit card details for 30 days after the rental agreement finishes in case any traffic violation infringements are presented to Red Kite Campers for your hire period. The driver(s) will still be liable for any penalties and fees received after this period.
· Red Kite Campers will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of £20 (GBP) for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period.
8. USE OF THE VEHICLE
During the rental period, the hirers agree that the vehicle will not be;
· Driven other than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner or used in a manner which could cause damage.
· Driven in a prohibited area.
· Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law.
· Driven by persons under the age of 23 years when renting camper, or 25 if hiring the motorhome unless otherwise agreed by our insurers.
· Driven by a person who is unauthorised to drive the vehicle as set out under the heading ‘Driver details’ of the Red Kite Campers Rental Agreement.
· Used to carry more persons than is detailed on the rental agreement, maximum 5 persons in accordance with provision of seatbelts in a Red Kite Campervan. Motorhome maximum occupancy is 4 people
· Left with the ignition key in, or on the vehicle while it is unoccupied (invalidates insurance).
· Damaged by submersion in water or in contact with salt water.
· Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest.
· Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
· Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward.
· Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material, except approved Camping Gaz bottle in sealed compartment.
Driven on any road surfaces other than sealed / bitumen roads.
· 24 hour Roadside Assistance is provided under the hire contract. The hirer may instruct repairs to the maximum value of £50 (GBP).
· Red Kite Campers must be notified by telephone on 07872059038 for repairs in excess of this amount.
· Reimbursement will be made on production of valid receipts.
10A. CANCELLATION BY RED KITE CAMPERS
Red Kite Campers reserve the right to cancel a reservation at the proposed commencement of hire as follows:
· Named Driving Licence is not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions.
· Failure to provide funds for insurance excess and caution bond by credit card only.
· Over occupancy of vehicle..
· Address on driving licence does not match billing address. Additional proof of ID is required.
· Hirers must provide a current driving licence as proof of ID.
· Red Kite Campers may cancel the hire if a serious accident has occurred (see damage) the hirer must return to Red Kite Campers depot at their earliest convenience.
Red Kite Campers reserve the right to refuse to hire to any person, without stating cause. We reserve the right to cancel any hire within 24 hours of booking. Where possible we will provide an alternative. Where an alternative cannot be found Red Kite Campers will refund the booking in full.
Where damage occurs to the vehicle we reserve the right to recall the hirer to the depot in order to have the damage on the vehicle checked as well as the safety and integrity of the van inspected.
If the damage is considered to be too severe, Red Kite Campers reserves the right to cancel the hire.
10B. CANCELATION BY HIRER
Throughout 2021/22 we have a new cancellation policy in place due to Covid 19. Should anyone wish to move their holiday to later in 2021/22 then there will be no charge for this. Seasonal rate fluctuations will still apply. You may amend your dates up to 14 days before your trip is due to commence. At fourteen days we will ask for the balance of the holiday to be settled.
Your deposit can be moved to a date that is available or a full refund can be given.
11. HIREABLE EXTRAS
Other hireable extras available for the duration of hirers stay in a Red Kite Camper include:
· Bedding, sleeping bag, pillow £10 per person.
· Towel £3 per person.
· Pop up drive away Kampa awning £86 per hire - Campervan compatible
· VW Campervan Bike Rack (up to four bikes) £48 per hire
· Porta Potti Chemical Toilet £15 per hire.
· Early pick up at 9.30am £50.
· Late Drop off at 4pm £50.
· Kampa inner bedroom tent for our awning £17 - Campervan compatible
· Camping chairs x 4 £15.
· Camping table £10 .
Camping Gas will be provided on collection. If you purchase additional gas throughout the hire period, reimbursement will be made on production of valid receipts.
12. CONDITIONS OF HIRE
· The company’s rental agreement is the sole contract for hiring the vehicle between Red Kite Campers and the hirer(s), driver(s) and/or passenger(s).
· The company takes no responsibility for any delay, loss, damage or injury that a hirer might experience no matter how it is caused or by whom.
· No refunds are payable on accommodation or Red Kite Campers if they are not available where a hirer or passenger changes or cancels or seeks to vary agreements after collection.
· These conditions cannot be varied or altered or waived by any employee or representative of Red Kite Campers or by anyone providing services or facilities.
· The company cannot be bound by any representative or statement unless it is confirmed in writing by Red Kite Campers management.
· When leaving a vehicle at our premises, we will take the best care we can but cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage occurring.
13. COLLECTION AND RETURN
· Collection and return of the campervan or motorhome to agreed depot specified at time of booking as set out under ‘hire period’ in the rental agreement.
· Agreed location for collection / return as specified on www.redkitecampers.co.uk from our Glasgow Depot.
· Other collection / return locations may be available on request, charges may apply.
· Collection – please allow 1 hour to complete the documentation, collection of caution deposit and demonstration of vehicle. Vehicle will be handed over in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the ‘Departure Checklist’. There are no refunds for early returns.
· Return – please allow 1 hour to complete documentation and return of Caution Deposit in accordance with that set out in section 6 of Terms & Conditions.
· Late Return – Red Kite Campers must be notified immediately to prevent any prosecution for driver(s) driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of £10 (GBP) per hour will be payable for late returns.
· Early Return – Red Kite Campers will not refund any portion of the hire or a requested early/late pick up fees unless notification is given 1 month before.
· The vehicle remains on hire until it has been fully inspected at the time of cleaning. If damage is found Red Kite Campers has 14 days to obtain a quote from the relevant persons and charge the customer. At this point the customer will be charged on the deposit card taken at arrival.
14. PETS AND SMOKING
Red Kite Campers policy prevents animals staying in our campervans and motorhome currently. Any evidence of non authorised pets will have a deep cleansing fee of £250 deducted from their security deposit. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the vehicles. Any traces of cigarette smoke found in our vehicles or attached awnings will also be liable for a £250 deduction from the security deposit.
Red Kite Campers are contactable on 07872059038 throughout the rental period. All faults, damage or complaints must be reported immediately on this number. In the event that a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved upon return, the hirer must inform Red Kite Campers in writing within 14 working days.